Monday, August 3, 2009

The Challenge

This is where it all begins. This is where the challenge starts. Perhaps you have heard of such a challenge as this before. Maybe you have even attempted this kind of challenge. This is my 365 day photo-blog challenge. It has been completed by many and I find that inspiring. Hopefully I will not be a failure, but don't be surprised if I don't make it all the way through... or even close.

I first heard of this project from my older brother, who has yet to try it. I am being quite ambitious, seeing as how I just got my camera and don't really have any idea what I'm doing, nor do I really have the time. I hope to see an impressive improvement on my part over the next year... or weeks... or days... or however long I can manage to keep this up. I guess what I'm getting at is this: I just want to get better at taking pictures.

I hope you find inspiration in my pictures. I hope you find some kind of meaning in them. I'll leave off with this:

To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place. I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. -Elliott Erwitt

(Also, Elliott Erwitt had a lot of double letters in his name... more than usual.)

No comments:

Post a Comment